Published: 18th November 2021
We're looking for a proactive individual to help us launch our next edition of METIOR Magazine. METIOR is Murdoch Guild's in-house student-run publication for Murdoch University students, Guild staff and Council.
This person will oversee developing a network of student volunteers/ contributors for the magazine and working closely with the Guild Council towards the production of the magazine. They will also be expected to contribute feature articles and editorials, as well as source stories for the magazine. The editor in chief will receive support from the Guild staff members in sourcing volunteers, designing the magazine, marketing and publishing the magazine online.
- To coordinate digital production and distribution of four quality and timely editions of METIOR (2 editions per semester).
- Source volunteer student contributors (i.e. writers, graphic designers, photographers) to produce the METIOR magazine.
- Write feature articles, editorials, and source stories for the magazine.
- To produce METIOR under the direction of the Guild Council.
- To implement METIOR policy as determined by and in liaison with the Guild Council.
- Release each edition of METIOR within the deadlines.
- Must be a current Murdoch University student and member of the Murdoch Guild of Students
- Have sound experience with computers.
- Have sound experience in desktop publishing, preferably Indesign.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Is a self-starter and a motivated individual.
- Enthusiastic and a people-person.
- Have some experience in research, journalism, writing or communications.
- Have fantastic time-management skills.
- Express commitment to student rights and student associations.
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- - Some photography experience
- - Some prior knowledge to METIOR and/or other student publications
$2000 - Fixed rate per edition.*
*Estimated 2 full-time work weeks per edition. Flexible working arrangements available.
Murdoch Guild's Website
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.