Published: 5th August 2022
What's the SDG Challenge all about?
The SDG Challenge stands for Students Doing Good! It also stands for Sustainable Development Goals.
In the SDG Challenge participants will select an SDG that is interesting to them and join a team of students from across WA's four universities. They’ll participate in short workshops to learn about design thinking and user experience design. They’ll then join their team in applying new skills to pitch their ideas to industry and academic leaders.
The Challenge will help participants develop project management skills for real-world problems.
The SDG Challenge is free and 100% online.
The key dates are:
- Registration - open NOW!
- 24 August, 5 - 7pm: Introductory session. Select your team and meet mentors
- 26 August, 4 - 6pm: Design Thinking Workshop with DT expert, Dr Christopher Kueh (ECU)
- 2 September, 4 - 6pm: User Experience Design workshop with UX expert, Dr Luke Butcher (Curtin)
- 11 September: Deadline for submission of pitch presentation
- 21 September, 4 - 6pm: Review of all pitches and announcement of winning team.
The winning team will be awarded certificates from the United Nations Association of WA at their annual gala event on UN Day 2022.
Find out more about getting involved in the event, the focus SDGs and the mentors by checking out the SDGWA facebook and instagram pages or following them on twitter.
Online registrations are now open.