Published: 9th September 2022
We are highlighting the importance of treating our sexual health as seriously as we would any other aspect of our health, including regular check-ups, testing for H.I.V. and sexually transmitted infections (S.T.Is), and raising awareness about issues related to healthy and respectful relationships. It is also a timely reminder that everyone has a right to good sexual health and easy access to information.
The Murdoch Guild and Access, Wellbeing and Equity team have arranged several FREE sexual health workshops for students. Join us for a week of education, empowerment and fun!
Healthy Relationships and Sex Workshop (ft. Sexual Health Quarters)
- Monday, 12 September, 11.30am – 12.30pm at The Theatrette
- Let’s talk about relationships! Join us at the Theatrette to take part in an interactive workshop all about building healthy sexual relationships through communication and respect.
LGBT+ Health workshop
- Wednesday 14 September, 12 - 1:30pm, Launchpad
- Brought to you by the Access, Wellbeing and Equity Team @the Den
- This w/s is specifically for LGBTIQA+ community members to learn about LGBT+ health (safe sex practices, binding, mental health, and more)
- Find out more / sign-up on Eventbrite or email AWE@murdoch.edu.au.
Easy A Free Movie Screening
- Thursday, 15 September, 12 – 1.30pm at The Theatrette
- Brought by Access and Wellbeing and Murdoch Guild, register here.
- FREE popcorn! Also the clothing swap will be going on at the Same Time just outside
Guild and Student Assist Stall on Marketdaze
- Thursday, 15 September, 10am – 2pm
- Murdoch Guild and our Student Assist team will open up a stall on Marketdaze to give away free condoms and other goodies. Students can also come and collect info. sheets on free sexual health services and resources available to them in Perth.
- ALL WEEK
- We’ll be giving away Normal toys and sex essential kits (including water-based lube, silicone-based lube and cleaning spray) to 3 lucky students. This giveaway will launch on Murdoch Guild’s Instagram on 12 September and end on 16 September. All students have to do is click the link in the Guild's Insta bio when giveaway releases and fill out a form with their details to receive Normal’s Modern Sex Guide.
Social Takeover – Have your Awkward Sex Questions answered by Sexperts
- ALL WEEK
- Brought by Access and Wellbeing and Murdoch Guild
- Submit your awkward sex questions on Murdoch Guild’s Instagram from 5 – 9 September and have them answered by the nurses from our Medical Centre and Normal’s certified sex coach. Questions can be submitted anonymously. Selected questions will be answered via Instagram Reels on Guild’s IG page.
Murdoch takes incidents of sexual harm very seriously. If you’ve experienced, witnessed, or been informed of sexual harm, you are not alone and we are here to help and support you. Find out more on our Respect.Now.Always. page or by downloading the Murdoch Safe app.
Murdoch University Medical Service is available for students for conversations about sexual health, contraception and other health checks and support. In addition to the support and resources provided by Murdoch to students, information can be obtained through trusted organisations such as 1800 RESPECT and Consent is Everything.