Published: 17th February 2023
Applications are currently open to all enrolled Murdoch University students (including international and postgraduate students) to propose an idea to create change at the University.
You’re encouraged to align your idea to one of the following themes, representing current areas of focus at Murdoch:
- Student wellbeing and equity
- Diversity and Inclusion
- First Nations
- Enhancing the student experience
About the program
The Students as Change Agents program is a co-curricular program that allows you to propose, lead and implement a project that aims to create positive change at the University.
Following the application stage, the program runs from April to November, where you’ll develop and implement your idea with support from the program and staff.
Through the program, you will:
- Work alongside staff at the University to realise your idea, including having a dedicated staff mentor and access to a network of support staff.
- Develop your idea into a project plan that can be implemented at the University, and work towards implementing the project.
- Join a network of other students interested in making a positive impact on the educational experience at Murdoch University.
- Receive up to $1,500 of project funding to be put towards implementing your project or attending and presenting your project at a local or national conference.
- Receive an honorarium payment (scholarship) of up to $3,500.00, dependent on the scale of the project (individuals up to $3,000).
- Develop and apply a wide range of skills and attributes, including communication, negotiation, critical and creative thinking, time management, presentation skills, project planning and management, initiative and much more.
- Receive training and support through the program to assist you in your role as a Student Change Agent.
- Receive credit towards your degree by completing the project via the unit MSP201 (if eligible).
Interested? Apply now! Applications close at 5pm on March 3, 2022.
You can submit your application as an individual or as a group through the application form.
If you would like to discuss your idea prior to applying, please contact the program coordinator, Jules Page, to have a chat or be put in touch with a relevant staff member who can assist in developing your idea: Julie.Page@murdoch.edu.au.
We hope to hear from you!