Published: 6th February 2023
We invite all interested staff and students to attend the Deaf Awareness Training this semester which will include tailored content for communicating with people who are Deaf or hard of hearing. The session is delivered in AUSLAN with an AUSLAN interpreter. See below for further information.
In addition, we have procured a discounted AUSLAN training course for staff and students interested in developing fundamental sign language skills. The course will be delivered across 8 weekly, 2 hour classes. To book click on this link. Minimum of 10 participants required to run course.
DEAF AWARENESS TRAINING
Presenter: Linda Cross (from Access Plus WA Deaf Inc.)
Date: 2-4pm, 14 March 2023
This workshop will
- provide tips on how to communicate through a sign language interpreter
- improve communication skills with Deaf and hard of hearing people
- teach participants about the types of hearing loss and various communication methods
- provide an insight into the Deaf community culture, language and history
- awareness of Deaf Culture
- appropriate behaviour around Deaf people
- correct use of language when referring to a Deaf person
Register your interest: Students can register their interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about Access & Inclusion, please see our updated website.