Published: 23rd February 2023
Like most Universities in Australia, Murdoch University is a member of the Elite Athlete Education Network – an initiative of Australian Institute of Sport (AIS). We are committed to support our student-athletes for the duration of their course so they can succeed in their studies while committing to their sporting obligations.
The Elite Athlete Program was brought to life so athletes can equip themselves with qualifications that prepare them for a career beyond their sport. Overall, this support program creates a positive student experience, by supporting student-athletes individually so they can compete while studying.
Approved applicants receive an Elite Athlete Program Plan which details their eligibility to receive services such as allocation of class preferences, assignment extensions, and deferred examinations. They are also assigned a the Elite Athlete Program Coordinator who will support them during their studies, through to your graduation.
The Elite Athlete Program Coordinator is available to make sure students know what options are available, how to access them and act on their behalf. These may include:
- credit for study you have completed at other institutions
- flexible learning options such as changing study mode, online catch-up class recordings and other online resources
- alternative arrangements for exams
- deferred assessments and assignment extensions
- approved leave to take a break from your studies for up to four semesters
- access to the Elite Athlete Support Fund.
Visit our web page for more information.