Join us for our next Pet First Aid Workshop at The Animal Hospital at Murdoch University and find out:
- Saturday, 21 October 2023 (9am to 1pm)
- Location: The Animal Hospital at Murdoch University on Nyarrie Drive. Parking is available in Carpark 9 and well sign-posted.
- Price: $225 incl GST
- Morning Tea is included.
- Learn to identify pet emergency situations.
- Acquire the skills to provide effective and possibly life-saving first aid for your pet or the pets in your care in any emergency.
- Know what to do to help your pet on the way to the vet.
- Learn some treatments that you can do at home, which will help minimise extra visits to the vet.
Who will teach you?
Learn from a senior emergency vet who deals with emergencies on a daily basis in the largest veterinary emergency hospital in WA, ably supported by a team of experienced nurses.
How is the workshop structured?
This workshop starts with learning the theory behind emergency pet first aid followed by hands-on training with live dogs in our specially equipped Skills Lab, a learning and teaching space set up for our 4th and 5th year vet students. This means you have access to special training tools such as Rufus, one of our teaching mannequins.
Why enrol in our Pet First Aid Workshop?
- Taught by an experienced senior veterinarian in Emergency and Critical Care.
- Supported by a team of senior nurses.
- Four hour workshop with lecture and hands-on practical session with dogs.
- Small group learning, each group taught and supervised by a vet or nurse.
- Fully illustrated workshop manual.
- Quick Reference Guide.
- Pet First Aid Kit.
- Pet Emergency Posters.
- Total of $80 worth of included goodies.
- Morning tea provided.
This is the only Pet First Aid Workshop available in Perth delivered by a senior veterinarian who has extensive experience and practices exclusively in Emergency and Critical Care.
What you will learn
Our workshop participants get the most up-to-date knowledge in Pet First Aid because our clinicians are doing the research that advances veterinary medicine and are consummate teachers. They love teaching, that’s why they are at a university teaching hospital. Allow them to share their passion for best practice emergency pet first aid with you and walk away feeling confident in providing effective first aid to your pet in an emergency until you can get them to the hospital.
Take a look at our workshop page or send us an email at email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to Murdoch University and The Animal Hospital.