This research data holds strategic value for both the Australian grain industry and research community. GRDC has a new initiative to reinforce findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable (FAIR) data management for all future GRDC funded and co-funded projects. The data will have to be stored at institutional level and conform with GRDC Data Catalogue requirements.
The GRDC Data Partnership Inititave has been setup to collectively establish a community of practice in the new data management scheme for the key research partners including Murdoch University. As part of this initiative, we would like to invite you to the GRDC Data Management for the Grain Industry Workshop Webinar on Microsoft Teams (Meeting ID: 420 339 376 181 and Passcode: jXSBJR).
This workshop will guide participants through different stages of data management and data harnessing, including data identification, data storage, data governance, data vocabularies, and data submission - for historical, current, and future GRDC data sets. The data management practice introduced in the workshop can also be applied to a wider scope of all other research projects. All researchers who are interested or work on GRDC funded projects are strongly encouraged to attend the workshop. Workshop registration is free.
- 9am: Welcome and Introduction by Chengdao Li
- 9:15am: Murdoch University Research Portal Introduction by Helen Bronleigh
- 9:35am: Murdoch University Data Management Policies and Plans by Zoe Martin
- 9:55am: GRDC Data Initiative Introduction by Viet Dang
- 10:15am: FAIR Principles and How to? By Viet Dang
- 10:35am: Data Management Plans for GRDC projects by Brett Chapman and Viet Dang
- 10:55am: Practical workshop: FAIR and Repository submission by Viet Dang and Penghao Wang
- 11:25am-11:55am: Questions and Discussion