Published: 27th April 2022
In 2020, we were all impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and experienced uncertainty. Throughout the year, a key focus for Murdoch University was ensuring all students could continue learning without fear that your long-term academic record would be negatively affected.
In 2022, we are still experiencing some uncertainties and we recognise there may still be an impact on your studies. As such, the Academic Safety Net will be applied in 2022.
Academic Safety Net 2022 will only provide protection against fail grade/s, the same as in 2021.
- If you engage with your studies, but happen to fail a unit in 2022 it will be changed to the special AS – Academic Safety Net
- The Fail grade will be excluded from the calculation of your GPA
- The Fail grade will not be recorded on your transcript. The special AS – Academic Safety Net grade will show on your transcript.
- We will continue to monitor your progress even though we will not record fail grades for teaching periods in 2022. As always, we want to discuss next steps and to link you with tailored support and advice for future study.
- There is an exception for some practicum units required for professional accreditation, the fail grade for these units will stay in place
If you have any questions about Academic Safety Net, please view Frequently Asked Questions or contact: