Published: 13th April 2023
Some system changes have now been implemented to support staff and students with these policy and procedure changes.
Completion rate indicator
The completion rate indicator is now available for you to view. You can see your course completion rate in MyInfo (click here for an example).
Your course completion rate will be automatically updated overnight any time finalised results are processed or any other processes which affect the completion rate including when you withdraw after census, or an approved withdrawal is processed.
If you do not have any eligible finalised units, your completion rate will be shown as TBC (to be confirmed).
When your completion rate is updated, resulting in you moving into a different progression status you will receive a communication with instructions for next steps.
- Satisfactory 75-100% - no action required. You are doing great!
- Precautionary notification 62.5 - <75% - an email will be sent to you with information about support services
- Progression intervention 50 - <62.5% - an email will be sent to you with information about meeting with your Academic Chair and completing an academic performance plan
- Unsatisfactory progress 20- <50% - The Enrolments & Progress team will contact you about your suspension and provide information about your options
- Not permitted to re-enrol <20% - The Enrolments & Progress team will contact you about your exclusion and provide information about your options
Detailed progression FAQs have been published on here.
The new progression policy can be found here and the new progression procedure can be found here.
Grades Policy changes
On 1 February 2023 a new Grades Policy and Procedure came into effect. These changes are designed to provide a uniform approach to the grading and notation for the evaluation and assessment of all coursework offerings at the University.
- A new grading schema, applied from 1 February 2023 to all 2023 coursework units, including Honours, in all locations that have grades issued on or after this date.
- An updated GPA calculation to align with industry standards.