Published: 26th March 2021
Are you a postgraduate/Honours student, researcher and/or academic keen to develop your research skills and knowledge? The Library has created a series of online sessions to help you enhance your ability to conduct research.
The Research ReachOut @ the Library Session Guide comprises of recorded videos and webinars that cover a wide variety of topics surrounding the research process and includes:
- Research Data Management (RDM): Discover what RDM is, why it is important and what is involved in creating a Plan
- Strategic Literature Searching: Learn advanced techniques in database searching, as well as tips for non-database searching and other library resources
- Understanding Publisher Contracts: Understand what your rights are as an author, how to share your work and how to use others’ work in your research
- Publishing Your Research: Discover how to evaluate and choose a publisher, and learn more about posting pre-prints, Open Access, as well as other types of publishing
- Murdoch University’s Research Repository: Learn how you can contribute to the Repository and effectively use it to discover Murdoch-affiliated works
- Scopus & Web of Science + Incites Metrics (prepared by vendors exclusively for Murdoch researchers): Measure journal and researcher impact, and understand scholarly impact
- Measuring Researcher Impact: This webinar still has places available – see link for details
- Conducting a Literature Review, Conducting a Systematic Review, Measuring Journal Impact, and Advanced EndNote: These 4 webinars are currently booked out, however all webinar recordings will be uploaded to their respective tabs on the Session Guide once concluded
The sessions also point users to additional Library resources and specialist support services that are available to researchers throughout their research journey at Murdoch.
The Library strongly encourages all researchers to take advantage of these materials and assistance to equip them with the information and expertise needed to conduct, publish and measure high-quality research.
Ensure you are research ready and join us virtually for Research ReachOut @ the Library!
Visit the Session Guide: https://libguides.murdoch.edu.au/researchreachout